Wednesday, August 31, 2011

The Sweet Kind Of Cranberry

The Cranberries have always been a band I adored over the years, they will always hold a special place in my heart and memories. They are an Irish rock band that formed in 1989, actually went under the name The Cranberries Saw Us originally. They have put out six consecutive albums over the last couple of years. I believe it was the song "Zombie," which made them super famous. Dolores O'Riordan is the lead singer of this amazing band, her voice is something to be heard. I love her vocal performance, she has such a wonderful range of high notes and yodels in her lyrics. I'd have to say she is in my top five favorite vocalist, she is really that good. So i have known about The Cranberries for a number of years, but my fondest memory of them was pretty recent. I was shopping at a thrift store with my girlfriend at the time, and i happened to come across a copy of  Everybody Else Is Doing It,So why Can't We? I was pretty happy to say the least, and it was only a dollar as well. So we got in our car and drove back to Anacortes listening to the sweet rhythm of the berries , singing along when we knew the words. I remember that being a great day, Kelly could sing as well if not better than Dolores, it was like having a mini concert in the car. I will never forget that day with her in the car, she is my best friend and singing partner for life !


No comments:

Post a Comment