Monday, August 22, 2011

A Love That Is Hard To Listen To...

The Bird And The Bee, graceful and soothing love songs. That is how I feel about these two, Inara George (The Bird) and Greg Kurstin (The Bee.) These two started making music together in 2006, Kurstin met Inara while working on her debut album. They both had similar interest in Jazz pop electro music and put two and two together the form this wonderful band. Inara simply has one of the most beautiful voices ever, she sounds like a soft spoken lounge singer, in a good way ! I love  Greg's use of piano and guitar through out the pieces, he can really mix wonderful melodies and chord progressions together. I feel in love with these guys back in the day, with their cover of "How Deep Is Your Love," by the Bee Gee's . I remember listening to them in my gazebo back in Traverse City on a hot summer day, day dreaming. I actually turned these two on to someone very close to me, who simply loves them to death. She is the love of my life, and she actually sounds just like Inara when she sings or in my opinion a little better. Anyway The Bird And The Bee, became our band and "How Deep Is Your Love," became our song. There is a few things I hold dearly to myself, The look on her face the first time I played them for her, The way that she sang that particular song into my ear just gave me goose bumps, it's is giving me goose bumps just thinking about it. The memories we shared together with this band was all too perfect. I have trouble these days listening to them, because of the memories associated with them, but lately I have been giving them a go again. They seem to brighten up my day and allow me to think of her and our feelings toward each other in a new point of view. I will always remember the happiness I gave her when I let her have their CD, even though it was scratched a little, it's the imperfections that we remember and hold dearest to our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment