Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Her Middle Name Was Boom !

Glassjaw has always been a band I could relate too, I found myself at my weakest and most desperate moments turning to these guys. This four piece group is from Long Beach, New York City and formed back in 1993. Daryl Palumbo and Justin Beck started the band after they met at a camp supposedly. Glassjaw always had this underground rawness about them, that always turned me on. I thought Daryl was a God in my eyes, he has the craziest vocal range I have ever heard.Justin is an amazing guitarist, he can play so many different styles, whether it be slow and melodic with lots of delay, or the hard thrashing guitar riffs  that he has developed over the years. I have had the chance to see Glassjaw on three occasions now, and every time is better than the last. This last concert I saw them with a couple of my friends down in Detroit, and at the end of the show, they gave away their new ep the coloring book for free! I mean what else could you ask for. I have always admired the way Glassjaw manages them selves as  band, they always seem to come on top, and it doesn't hurt that Justin is the owner of Merchdirect.com . I am going to leave you with one of there newer songs, Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment