Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Notches That Create Your Headboard



Poison The Well,( PTW ) is my favorite band ... I can simply say they are truly the best band out there. I bleed for this band literally, I have a PTW tattoo on my left arm ! I first heard this band when I was in 7th grade, on a shitty boombox that my friend was carrying. It was actually a tape he had made that had most of the songs from the Opposite Of  December on it . I remember hearing this new type of metal, that just seriously hit me like a ton of bricks. I will always love this band, they are one of those bands that will never disappoint you, through out the years they have transitioned into their own incorporating new ideas and sounds that no other band can do ! I have seen PTW , five times thus far in my life, each time was a new experience that will stay with me for as long as I live. I am originally from Michigan, and the last time they played in Detroit, their equipment was actually stolen from their car. They actually made a benefit shirt from try and make some money to buy new equipment. " The Motor City Robbed Us." I have had the opportunity to talk with Jeff, the main singer about how much this band means to me. It was one of the greatest moments in my life, Jeff was very appreciative toward my comments and really enjoyed my respect toward the band. Poison the Well started making music back in 1997, with a debut ep and the following of (OOD,)   they currently have 5 studio albums and 4 eps. They currently are taking a break now from music, it venture into other aspects of their lives, but today....I was informed that they are getting back together on August 24th for the greatest festival i have ever heard of. http://skylarjjohnson.tumblr.com/post/9056274764/the-fest-2012-has-been-announced-and-is-to-be-held. There are so many bands getting together for this ans reunions that I have been waiting for a long time. If you live in Michigan get there for this four day event, that will one of the greatest concerts in the history of metal ! I could go on an on about this band, but ill leave you with this song !

No comments:

Post a Comment