Sunday, September 11, 2011

Would You Like Some Wine ?


Iron and Wine or recording artist Samuel Bean. This American song writer is someone who i can always connect with lyrically.He has released four studio albums and seven ep's thus far. I fell in love with I&W back in junior high, I never heard a more beautiful male voice in my entire life. Every time I hear him sing I feel shivers down the back of my spine and I still get goose bumps on my arms. His ep Woman King is by far one of my favorite albums known to day. His record label Sub Pop is one of my favorite labels as well, some great artist were on there like the postal service and I believe Death Cab For Cutie for awhile if I am not mistaken. I like when I can share music with people and let them enjoy the finer things in life, it's nice that my father actually enjoyed this when I played it for him the other day. In my last relationship I found my self examining the lyrics and trends I found in his songs, I felt so connected to the song,"Woman King" because it reminded me of Kelly and how woman should really be treated. The song I am leaving you with is my all time favorite song by Sam, i know there are lots but this song has always been my favorite. It was the first CD i ever picked up of his , off the CD The Sea And The Rhythm here is the title track !

No comments:

Post a Comment