Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Days Go On....

This band Pixies, are one of those bands that keeps on getting better with age. Even though they aren't writing new music they are still performing their old ones. They aren't even that old, all four of them formed the band back in 1986 in Boston. They were way before their time if you ask me. There is this great chemistry between Frank Black the lead singer and Kim Deal the bassist. I got a chance to seem them on there reunion tour a couple years ago, I nearly lost my shit. I went with my brother tradd, and we had so much fun singing along and dancing that night. Tradd was the one who actually turned me on to the Pixies back when I was just a kid. I remember so clearly the first time I heard them, Tradd was shaving and teaching me how to shave, even though I didn't have a beard at all, and then a song came on from Surfer Rosa my favorite cd by far. They cd never gets old in my book, I used to have in playing my car for months. These guys surely are special to me !

No comments:

Post a Comment