Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Man And His Keyboard ...

Once again I am revisiting this man called David Bazan.He has been such a big part of my life lately, and I just can't get enough of him. His Side project called Headphones, a indie synth rock band created back in 2005. It was a nice transition of music from Pedro The Lion to this jam band. When I first heard the CD I fell in love because it kind of reminded me of The Postal Service in a way. I finally got tickets for David's solo performance in December and I just can't wait to see him play.I have dubbed him my favorite song writer, his lyrics hit really close to home, because I am an alcoholic and I have struggled with that my whole life. His lyrics are very inspirational, in the sense that there is always a better way to live in this thing called life. Someday I hope to have some of the skills and confidence to play they way he does and write songs like he does. I have been working on a number of covers of his all this week, so I plan on having the videos up on youtube soon. These last couple weeks have been very stressful, so I haven't had the time to write this blog, but I am trying my hardest.

No comments:

Post a Comment