Sunday, October 16, 2011

A Plan That Works !

The Dismemberment Plan is one of my favorite bands, because I have a really fond memory attached to them. One of my friends got me into the dismemberment plan back when I was in junior high. Anyway I had just started dating the love of my life, and we had spent the whole night together, and most of the morning. Can't tell how much I love this memory, when ever I am having a bad day, I just think about us together and how good things were. Anyway she stayed over until like 3 in the morning and she had to go to work early in the morning, So I devised a plan, anything to get to see her for a couple of minutes and steal a kiss or too. She worked at a vineyard selling wine on the peninsula, it was not that long of a drive but a couple of miles out there. I didn't care, I thought to myself I would cross the ocean for this girl. With butterflies flapping their wings up and down in my stomach, I hopped in the car to drive out there. My mom had just made some fresh tabbouleh, and I stopped at a little market and picked her up a drink. The day couldn't have been a more beautiful day, with sun shining and a cool breeze hitting my skin I made the journey, not even knowing if she was still working or not. I popped in The Dismemberment Plan and began singing so loud ! I was in such a good mood, nothing could bring me down. Finally got there and surprised her with some food and a drink and she was so thrown off, I could tell that she was super surprised and happy to see me. She pulled me into a workout room, and we made out for a couple of minutes, I was on top of the world. I miss her very much and the feeling we once shared, maybe one day we can share it again. On a sad note TDP is no longer a band, which is a bummer because I wish I had more memories associated with them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment