Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Snail Mail ?

The Postal Service is one of my favorite nostalgic bands ever. I have way to many memories with this band including some of the best days ever ! I used to listen to Give Up everyday for I would say about a year straight. Ben Gibbard from DCFC and Jimmy Tamborello of Dntel comprise this wonderful band of electro synth pop. I know every word to all of their songs, and own every album and ep . Just to put it out there I am a huge fan of anything Ben Gibbard does.Ben and Jimmy released Give Up in 2003, and the album blew up , every where I went I heard their songs. In 2006 the UPS sent a letter to them asking them to change their name, after negotiations an agreement was met and they played a show for them, god would I have liked to be there for that performance. I was listening to their Phil Colins cover of Against All Odds today and made me think of the things that have been going on in my life right now. I am just really happy to be alive today and have the power and motivation to just do simple things like this blog. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment