Sunday, January 8, 2012

You Wear This Grudge Like A Crown

Whenever I think about all of the shitty things i have done in my life, my reflection turns into a dark place. I am trying very hard to undo certain aspects of my self, to better myself and others. Up until this point in my life, things were dark and dismal. I couldn't see the light if i wanted to. Making my amends , and being able reflect on my mistakes has been such a blessing. Forgive all who have offended you, not for them, but for yourself. This statement has been very helpful in my journey thus far. It's hard to forgive someone when all you can think about is the pain they inflicted upon you. But that space you have created in your head and heart only gets worse in time. I have noticed that if i let things go too long with out an apology or an open mind to forgive, i am not only hurting those people in my life, i am also hurting myself. If I could turn back time, and save myself from myself trust me i would. Just keep in mind that those grudges you hold so close, one day they will be holding you !

No comments:

Post a Comment